Friday, September 3, 2010

jeff + sherry = a, j, j, & j {lancaster, ca photographer}


One of my favorite parts of my "job" (I always use the word "job" loosely because I love doing what I do so much!) is taking family portraits.  I don't know how many times I have run into a family that has said "we haven't taken a family picture in at least 10 years" or even "I don't think we have ever taken a family picture."  It is an honor for me to be the one to take this moment in their lives and make sure it is captured for them to look back on.  Life goes by so fast and when it has already passed us all we have are memories and pictures!  What a blessing that I can be the one to take these photos!  I still have to sit back and wonder how I became so blessed to be able to do this!

Take this family for instance, I remember when their two youngest were just little babies... or even before they were born!  And look at them now!  What a beautiful family with wonderful, well-rounded, fun children!
kelley_watermark 05

Here is the beautiful couple who is responsible for the children pictured above ;)
kelley_watermark 08

Can't you just feel how much they love each other?
kelley_watermark 06

Another thing I love to do is capture the beauty of where you live.  If you look in the right places, you can find it, even in the desert ;)
kelley_watermark 04

I just adore this photo.  I feel like it really shows their personalities (even just by their smiles)!
kelley_watermark 02


kelley_watermark 01


kelley_watermark 03

Beautiful family, beautiful sunset
kelley_watermark 07

Jeff & Sherry- You truly have a beautiful, blessed family!  I love reading Alley's fb statuses about how excited she is about serving God... and I love your story of Josh's old baseball bulletin board that he turned into a prayer request board.  I think I have a lot to learn from you, as parents.  You have raised 4 wonderful kids & it truly shows what a great job you are doing.  Thanks for letting me capture your family for who they are, in this moment!

Be blessed!
~ES

No comments: